9.28.2006

Seasonal Tea Drinking

It amazes me every year that as soon as the temperatures cool even the littlest bit people suddenly start buying more tea. I know that tea drinkers don’t just stop drinking tea but usually switch to iced during the warmer months and we do see an increase in sales for the teas that makes great iced teas but not enough to make up for the lack of sales on the normal winter teas. Do we just not drink as much tea in the summer? Or do we fall back on our grocery store teas? I for one, drink as much if not more tea as iced tea in the summer than I do hot tea in the winter. I haven’t found a tea available on the store shelf that makes even a half decent cup so it makes me wonder if people really migrate from our teas to these in the summer. Can any of you tell me how your tea drinking habits change with the seasons?

Candie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, I tend to switch more to coffee in the Summer.

Anonymous said...

I am a avid tea drinker but I switch to iced coffee in summer!

Anonymous said...

I've only been drinking tea since January. I tend to drink a cup of tea every morning no matty what time of year it is. Since finding your sight I started drinking more iced tea in the summer and with meals. I've found no other tea that make great iced tea than your's.

Johnny said...

I am almost ashamed to admit that I switch to lipton coldbrew in the summer because I can make a big cold cup or pitcher in a matter of minutes. In the summer I drink several cups of iced tea a day, but it just takes so long to make it with loose tea and wait for it to cool down. I think I only made one iced tea pot with loose tea and that was with the Moroccan Madness tea and it was great!

Anonymous said...

I, too, drink more coffee in the summer, both iced and hot. I do drink iced tea, and iced Chai in the summer though.